Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Inquiry Maths




Today we looked at our children for maths. We reflected on children who where  above , at and below. We looked at the national standards to ensure we where correct in our thoughts and professional judgement. We chose some smart goals 
These where the questions we reflected on to make our inquiry worth while.
Then Roz posed some thought provoking questions.

How am I going to ensure I continue to work above the NS ?
What actions are you taking for me so I continue to meet the NS or accelerate above the NS?
What actions are you taking so I begin to taste success in my maths group ?
I think that I can ensure the children continue to work above the national stands by keeping my self up to date with new ideas and resources. To ensure I pose meaningful, challenging questions that continue to extend children s thinking.
I will  provide daily practice that makes you think. I will try to keep you engaged by using different equipment such as e-learning tools and  practice games.
When working in a group you will begin to  taste success because you will feel that your answers are valued and you will have time to process your thinking. You will have to share your ideas and you will be able to teach your peers your new learning.

I may not have said it all correctly... but it doesn't matter what level you are working at as long as you feel safe and your contributions are valued you will have success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment